Ms Sara Stephens
Specialist /Consultant Orthodontist
BDS, MJDF RCS (Eng), MClinDent (Distinction), MOrth RCS (Eng), FDS (Orth) RCS (Eng)
GDC Number: 103298
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), University of Bristol
- Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties, Royal College of Surgeons England
- Master of Clinical Dentistry in Orthodontics, University College London
- Membership in Orthodontics, Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Fellowship in Dental Surgery (Orthodontics), Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Children’s & teenagers orthodontic treatment
- Interceptive orthodontics in children
- Adult orthodontics
- Fixed, cosmetic & removable appliances
- Multidisciplinary cases involving restorative and periodontal treatment Hypodontia cases
- Orthognathic (jaw surgery) cases
Sara Stephens is a Consultant in Orthodontics at Croydon University Hospital. She qualified as a Dentist in 2006 from the University of Bristol. After working in dental practice and undertaking hospital posts in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and Restorative Dentistry she was selected for specialist training in orthodontics at the prestigious Eastman Dental Hospital. During her training, alongside her clinical work she carried out research looking into landmark development for three dimensional facial scans and was awarded a distinction for a Master of Clinical Dentistry from University College London and she has presented her research internationally. She then went on to gain a membership in orthodontics with the Royal College of Surgeons, England.
Following entry onto the General Dental Council specialist list as an Orthodontist, Sara went on to undertake a further two years of training at Kingston Hospital and the Eastman Dental Hospital training as a senior registrar which involved teaching post graduates, treating a wide range of patients with complex requirements and working closely with other dental specialists. During her time as a senior registrar Sara was on the Training Grades Group Committee for the British Orthodontic Society. She gained the intercollegiate Speciality Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons, England in 2014.
Sara is a member of the British Orthodontic Society and she is the Secretary for the Croydon Orthodontic Group Committee who organise meetings for dentists and specialist orthodontists. Sara has published papers in peer reviewed orthodontic journals and is also a Royal College of Surgeons examiner for the Orthodontic Therapists Diploma.
Sara enjoys the challenge of treating complex orthodontic problems and cosmetic problems. In particular she is keen to see all patients including adults and teenagers who are keen to improve their smile and children who would benefit from early interceptive treatment.