Composite restorations are resin based fillings and are tooth coloured.
They have been routinely used since the 1950’s and are becoming more and more reliable in terms of bonding and strength.
• They are tooth coloured and ideal in aesthetically demanding situations.
• They bond to natural tooth.
• They are very technique sensitive, and should be done under rubber dam and in small increments.
• They may shrink and cause cracks in the tooth.
• They pick up stains from food and drinks over time. They can be polished to remove most stains.
• They wear quicker than amalgam and may need to be replaced.
Composite resin longevity has been documented to be about 7 years.
Examples of Composite Restorations:
Click here to make an appointment for a consultation tailored to you or call 0207 637 8484 for further assistance and advice.