COVID-19 (Coronavirus Outbreak) PRACTICE UPDATE
During this very difficult time K Dental Studios would like to reassure all patients that we are doing our best to keep up to date with the latest advice for the protection of patients and staff from the risk of spread of infection.
Following the Government’s change in strategy we would like to support its decision to limit travelling to an absolute minimum. We are therefore cancelling all non-urgent appointments until further notice. This may include routine check-ups and hygiene appointments. We also would like to avoid starting any complex treatments which may require aftercare. This is because in the event of a complete lockdown we will be unable to provide this care to you.
We are sorry for this inconvenience, but we are looking out for our patients’ best interest and ensuring patient and staff safety.
If you have tooth pain, a fractured filling or tooth please be reassured that we are here to help. We think it is important to make our patients stable in the case of a lockdown where we may not be able to address the problems.
Please contact Martina : 02076378484 for advice or an appointment if you have a tooth related emergency. For out of hours emergency (only) please contact Irene: 07818498018
Please avoid coming in as your enquiry may be resolved with some over the phone advice and it may not be required for you to see the dentist.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT COME TO THE PRACTICE IF YOU:
- Are considered to be in the high-risk category
- Have flu-like symptoms
- Have been in any of the Category 1& 2 areas in the last 14 days and have had a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath.
- Have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have had Coronavirus
- Have been asked to self-isolate
- Have tested positive for coronavirus
Please see latest information at www.gov.uk
In this case we would be happy to speak with you over the phone in order to help you with any advice or further guidance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO VISIT THE PRACTICE:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze and put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water on entering the practice
- Use hand sanitiser gel before you enter the surgery and on your way out
- Try to keep a distance from other patients sitting in the waiting area
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Please attend your appointment alone unless you are under the age of 16.
WHAT DOES THE PRACTICE DO TO HELP REDUCE THE RISK OF SPREAD?
K Dental Studios has been practicing Universal Precautions since opening its doors in April 2014. This means that our premises are safe, and our staff are well trained to ensure healthcare is provided in a way that does not pose any risks to patients or other colleagues. During this period of uncertainty, we have reinforced all our policies and introduced further actions to try to minimise the spread of infection:
- Robust infection control procedures are used ensuring instruments and other equipment are sterilised and disinfected after every patient in accordance to HTM 01-05 guidance.
- All staff wash their hands before and after every patient and use hand sanitiser gel.
- All staff use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Any aerosol producing procedures such as hygiene treatments have been postponed until further notice.
- Any emergency procedures are undertaken under rubber dam.
- Reception areas are cleaned regularly, including phones, keyboards, clinipads and card machines
- All leaflets/magazines have been removed from reception area.
- Reception staff undertake a pre-screen questionnaire to all patients prior to their appointments.
- Any members of staff with flu like symptoms, are asked to stay at home for 7 days.
- Any at risk members of staff are asked to stay at home
- All communal areas are regularly cleaned with extra vigilance to include door handles.
We are monitoring the situation daily and we will be updating you accordingly.
If you have any questions please do let us know.
We wish you good health in the meantime.
Principal Dentist at K Dental Studios
BDS (Lond) MJDF (RCS (Eng) MSc (UCL)